Professional Development & Technical Resources FAQs
- Do I get a certificate if I successfully complete an online course?
Yes, all students receive an electronic certificate when they successfully complete an online course.
- Do I earn CEUs (get credit) for taking an online course?
Yes, Continuing Education Units (CEU) are assigned at one tenth of a credit for each hour.
- Can two or more 10-week online courses be taken at the same time?
Yes, if your schedule permits you to spend at least three hours per week per course, you can take two or three courses at the same time. You must make this decision based on your own available time.
- Why do I have to create a new account to post a resume or job posting?
To provide the enhanced services now available in our Career Center we are using an external product which requires accounts to be set-up outside of the AACE International database.
- What are the rates for job postings?
You can view all the rates, by clicking here.
- I'm having problems with my resume/job posting. Whom should I contact?
It's best to contact Boxwood Technologies (our partner) directly. You can reach them at +1.888.4918833 Ext. 2184 (Extension Required).
- What is the scholarship application period?
Applications are accepted from January 1st to February 28th.
- In what amounts are scholarships awarded?
The AACE International Education Board awards scholarships in various amounts up to a maximum of US$2500 (lifetime); however, AACE International Sections are free to offer scholarships in any amount they choose.
- If I am selected as a scholarship recipient, when will I receive my funds?
Scholarship funds are not awarded directly to the recipients. Scholarship funds are disbursed directly to the recipient's school in August.
- Who is eligible to apply for an AACE scholarship?
Any US or International student who has completed one year of studies at an accredited university and meets the remaining eligibility requirements. Individuals who are related to anyone on the AACE Board of Directors, AACE Education Board, or AACE Headquarters staff are not eligible.
- If I am graduating from high school and have been accepted to college, may I apply for a scholarship?
No. Students must have completed one year of college studies to be eligible for the scholarships. High school transcripts and accomplishments will not be accepted for review.
- If I am completing my undergraduate degree, am I still able to apply for a scholarship?
Yes; but only if you have been accepted to a full-time graduate program in the fall term of the next academic year.
- If I am applying for a scholarship, can I submit my resume rather than completing the online application?
No. The review teams will only review the online application form and required supporting documentation.