Justification Toolkit

Justification Toolkit 01

Passports and Embassy Visa Letter Requests

Entry into the United States


Visitors traveling to the United States are required to be in possession of passports that are valid for six months beyond the period of their intended stay in the U.S. For a list of countries exempt from the six month rule, see Six Month Club. (Six Month Club validity on your passport does not apply to U.S. Citizens returning to the United States.)


Please check the U.S. Department of State for the most current information about traveling to the United States, applying for/obtaining visas, average wait times for visas, frequently asked questions, etc.

  • Visa Wizard -  a guide to help foreign citizens understand which visa category might be appropriate for their travel to the United States. A foreign national or alien entering the U.S. is generally required to present a passport and valid visa issued by a U.S. Consular Official, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, or are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a citizen of Canada. The Visa Waiver Program allows foreign nationals from certain countries to be admitted to the U.S. under limited conditions and for a limited time without obtaining a visa.
  • The foreign national must arrive on an approved carrier (if coming by air or sea), staying no more than 90 days, for pleasure/medical purposes/business, and be able to prove they are not inadmissible. The foreign national is still required to have a passport. To obtain a list of countries eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, please reference the Department of State Website. For VWP passport requirements, see VWP-eligible passport.
  • A visa and passport are not required of a Mexican national who is in possession of a Form DSP-150, B-1/B-2 Visa and Border Crossing Card*, containing a machine-readable biometric identifier, issued by the Department of State and is applying for admission as a temporary visitor for business or pleasure from contiguous territory by land or sea. Mexican citizens using the Border Crossing Card may only travel 25 miles into the U.S. — except in the Nogales/Tucson area, where travel to Tucson is authorized.

*The Border Crossing Card (BCC) is acceptable as a stand-alone document (by itself) only for travel from Mexico by land, or by pleasure vessel or ferry. Together with a valid passport, though, it meets the documentary requirements for entry at all land, air, and sea ports of entry (to include travel from Canada). Note: You must be a Mexican citizen and a resident of Mexico to have a BCC.

NOTE: All travelers transiting the United States are subject to the U.S. customs/immigration laws.

Embassy Visa "Letter of Invitation"

During the Conference & Expo online registration process, you will have the option to request an Embassy Visa Letter. You will receive the letter via email between 1-2 business days after you complete and pay for your registration. If you choose to pay by wire transfer or have made other payment arrangements with Headquarters, you will receive an email notifying you to pay, with instructions on how to make your payment. Once payment is received, you will receive your letter via email in 1-2 business days.

Embassy Visa Letters will not be provided for individuals who are not registered for the Conference & Expo.

AACE International recommends that all Embassy Letter requests be made by 6 weeks from the start date of the event.

Note—refunds due to being denied a visa will only be honored if AACE International is notified in writing of the denial no later than two weeks prior to the Conference & Expo.

Visa invitation letters will not be given for non-registered individuals.

Events and Education