Sections assist AACE International in moving its mission forward and driving member engagement at the local level. The guiding principle of the partnership between AACE and its sections is to provide member value through collaboration and contribution to AACE’s strategic plan.
Establishing and growing a section takes dedication from a volunteer leadership team, with support from AACE International. Successful section leaders should be willing to make and foster peer-to-peer connections at the local level. They should also have the ability and desire to embark on this rewarding volunteer journey.
AACE members interested in starting a new section must submit a petition. Organizers must be current AACE members in good standing. Petitions will be reviewed by AACE to assess the request against member need and potential impact to existing AACE sections. Organizers should be aware that submission of the petition does not guarantee formation and recognition of the section.
Before beginning the petition:
- Read the Section policy in the AACE Organization Manual.
- Identify other AACE members who would support the proposed section and its efforts
- Conduct basic research on the total cost management professional environment in the local geographic area. Identify any stakeholders. Define whether this is a growing area for AACE professionals.
- Define what needs the section will address and how this potential section will enhance AACE's ability to meet these needs.
- Reach out to the Regional Director to discuss the proposed section.
Please contact us with any questions.