Ahmed M.K. Ghanem
Ahmed is a passionate program/project management and controls professional with over 23 years of experience managing and leading complex programs and projects ($45 Billion) in a wide range of industries (Transportation, Infrastructure, Commercial and Residential Construction) on three continents (North America, Africa, and Asia), working as a contractor, consultant, and owner’s representative.
Ahmed is the principal/founder of FG Management ltd. where he provides services for program and project management, project controls, risk management, schedule development and audits, risk management, and PMO.
In 2010, Ahmed joined AACE, obtained his PSP, and started volunteering with the Qatar Section. After moving to Canada, he volunteered with the Chinook Calgary Section in various roles (Director-At-Large, Communication Director, Vice-President). He is currently serving as the Section President. On the international level, Ahmed volunteers with the Cost Estimation Committee to update the Estimating Professional Practice Guide (PPG).
Ahmed has a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a post-graduate certificate in Project Management. He is a PMI Authorized ATP Instructor to teach PMP, DASSM, and DASM exam prep courses and is the second in Canada to be certified as a PMO-Certified Consultant (PMO-CC).
Besides his professional career, Ahmed is an Adjunct Instructor at the University of Alberta (UofA), Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), and Alpha College. Ahmed had authored and co-authored new courses for UofA and SAIT, such as the Evolution of Project Management and Agile Principles and Practices.
Ahmed is actively involved with the project management community. He currently serves as a member of the development team to update the PMI Standard of Program Management (5th edition), and a member of the PMI Standard consensus committee since 2020. Over the last few years, he served as a co-chair, program director, technical reviewer, and speaker for many professional development conferences locally and internationally.
- Advocate for AACE and promote the value proposition of AACE’s database of knowledge and resources to all active, inactive, and prospective members.
- Promote membership and increase awareness among various regions, countries, and industries.
- Introduce multi-tier membership fees based on countries’ GDP to help professionals from all around the world develop and benefit from AACE resources, without financial barriers, which will help the advance of the profession globally.
- Supporting the AACE International Conference and Expo.
- Organize regional conferences that can help members speak, attend, and network with other professionals within their region, especially if travel costs/visas might be a barrier to attending the International Conference and Expo.
- Facilitate discussions and research on the future of the profession and how the technical advances (AI, ML, VDC, etc.) can affect the career of our professionals, and introduce new learning opportunities to equip them with the latest knowledge and skills.