AACE International offers competitive and matching funds scholarships to US, Canadian, and International students pursuing a program related to cost engineering/cost management. The competitive scholarships are awarded by the AACE International Education Board and are currently available in various amounts to a maximum (lifetime/individual) of $2500. AACE International Sections may also offer scholarships through the matching funds scholarship program. Applications received for the competitive scholarships will also be reviewed for inclusion in the matching funds scholarship program. All scholarships are awarded for use in the fall term of the next academic year.
- Have completed one year of college, be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university (See the scholarship application for accreditation criteria) for the fall term, and be pursuing a program in one of the following disciplines:
- Building Construction
- Business Administration
- Engineering (including Agricultural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, and Electrical Engineering)
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher (using a 4.0 grading scale)
- Complete and submit the online application and Advisor’s recommendation.
- Be enrolled fulltime in a program for the fall term. Applicants in their final undergraduate year must have been accepted to attend a full-time graduate program in the next academic year to qualify for a scholarship.
The following table represents key milestones in the AACE International scholarship process:
December 1 – February 28
Complete and submit the online application and Advisor’s recommendation.
Completed applications are sent to the Education Board for review.
The Education Board identifies finalists, selects recipients, and determines scholarship amounts. Scholarship applications are sent to Sections that express interest in providing a Section level scholarship.
All applicants are notified of the final results. Scholarship recipients provide information necessary for the disbursement of funds.
First Week of August
Scholarship funds are disbursed to the universities of the scholarship recipients.