AACE International offers competitive scholarships to North American and International students pursuing a program of study related to cost engineering/cost management. Submitted applications are vetted based on academic merit, after which a fair and unbiased scoring system is applied to ensure every applicant receives full consideration. Two distinct scoring ranking criteria are employed for North American and International students. This ensures that students are ranked for scholarship awards with their peers. Scholarships are awarded by the AACE International Education Board and are currently available in various amounts to a maximum (lifetime/individual) of $2500. All scholarships are awarded for use in the first term of the next academic year.
AACE local sections may also offer scholarships to applicants through a matching funds program or awards system of their choosing. Applications submitted through the portal on this site will be forwarded to local sections at their request.
- Have completed one year of college, be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university (See the scholarship application for accreditation criteria) for the fall term, and be pursuing a program in one of the following disciplines:
- Building Construction / Construction Management
- Business Administration
- Engineering (including Agricultural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, and Electrical Engineering)
- Quantity Surveying
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher (using a 4.0 grading scale)
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Be enrolled fulltime in a program for the fall term. Applicants in their final undergraduate year must have been accepted to attend a full-time graduate program in the next academic year to qualify for a scholarship.
The following table represents key milestones in the AACE International scholarship process:
January 5 – March 5, 2019
The 2019 application period is now closed. The 2020 application period will begin January 2020.
Completed applications are sent to the Education Board for review.
The Education Board identifies finalists, selects recipients, and determines scholarship amounts. Scholarship applications are sent to Sections that express interest in providing a Section level scholarship.
All applicants are notified of the final results. Scholarship recipients provide information necessary for the disbursement of funds.
Scholarship funds are disbursed to the universities of the scholarship recipients.