Here are some things you should consider to justify the travel and registration expenses for the AACE Annual Meeting:
* If you only attend 1 day, the CEUs vary: 0.3 - Sunday; 0.6 - Monday; 0.6 - Tuesday; and 0.3 - Wednesday.
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to your company/organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way others in your company/organization will receive some benefit of your attendance, too.
- Share the technical paper of your favorite presentation with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to the technical presentations for all of the Annual Meeting presentations.
- Make sure your membership is current to receive the member discount. Stay in the host hotel and receive an additional $100 off your Annual Meeting registration. Attendees of continuing education seminars that are staying in the host hotel can also receive an additional $100 off registrations.
- If you are working to maintain an AACE certification designation, remind your supervisot that this is a great way for you to earn 1.8 CEUs. Volunteer to be a room host and you can earn additional CEUs (0.1/technical session) for each presentation.*
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover work for you while you are attending the Annual Meeting.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses by finding a roommate.