Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) Exam Review
October 12, 14, 19, and 21, 2022January 18, 20, 25, and 27, 2023
$650 member / $800 non-member
This live, instructor-led seminar will take place virtually over 4 separate days, on the dates listed above, from 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern (US) each day.
Instructor: Michael R. Nosbisch, CCP PSP FAACE
Michael has over 32 years of experience in project/program management and controls within both the government and private sectors. He has worked for several of the leading engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) firms in the industry, to include URS Corporation, Jacobs Engineering, Kiewit, Parsons, and Hill International. From 2009 to 2015, Michael managed successful EVM consulting practices for SM&A, Project Time & Cost, and Management Solutions, LLC. He is currently Director of Project Controls with Strategic Management Solutions LLC (SMSI), functionally responsible for more than one hundred project control professionals supporting Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) sites and projects across the United States.
Michael has been an active member of AACE International since 1999, earning numerous professional certifications as well as serving as President of the Association from 2011 to 2012, and is currently the President of the Orange County (CA) Post of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME). Michael is also an adjunct professor at the University of Southern California, having taught graduate level courses in heavy construction estimating and scheduling.
This seminar provides a good review of planning and scheduling principles/techniques, and is intended as a refresher for individuals preparing to sit for the PSP certification exam (the PSP Study Guide is included in the fee). As such, it is not meant to replace years of scheduling experience in the field, but rather should be considered as a component of the preparation recommended to successfully achieve the PSP certification. The seminar can also be helpful to those individuals not necessarily looking to sit for the certification exam, but rather as a good overview of planning and scheduling that can be built upon by additional project-based experience.
- Understand the basic definition and use of planning
- Understand the basic definition and use of scheduling
- Understand how the concepts of planning and scheduling should be integrated in support of effective project management
- Understand the different scheduling techniques available and potential uses for each
- Understand the critical path method (CPM) scheduling, its basis, and its benefits
- Understand how to effectively communicate schedule status and potential issues
- Understand advance scheduling techniques/considerations, to include resource scheduling, earned value management, and schedule compression/acceleration methods
Planning, scheduling, CPM scheduling, schedule communication methods, advanced scheduling techniques/considerations