AACE Communities - Getting Started!
Click here to access AACE Communities. Please click the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner of our website.
- Log in using your AACE International website username and password. If you do not remember your username and password, please click “Forgot Password” and submit your email address. Your credentials will be emailed to you. If you do not have a username and password, please click “New User” and complete the form. Once you have created your username and password, repeat step 1 to access AACE Communities. (TIP: We recommend you click on the “remember me” box the next time you log in— then you won’t have to on future visits.)
- Read the Community Rules and Etiquette as well as the Privacy Guidelines. Once you have completely read the information, choose to agree or disagree to continue. (TIP: Once you agree, then you will not be prompted for this anymore.)
- Complete your profile. Now that you have successfully logged in to AACE Communities, click on the dropdown in the upper right hand corner and choose Profile. Share something new about yourself and upload your photo. (TIP: If you have a LinkedIn account, feel free to upload your info from LinkedIn.)
- Participate in a community. Keep up with conversations on the topics of your choice. Go to Communities. If you are trying to join a community, please click Join a Community. You will then be taken to your Association Anywhere account menu. Select My Committees/Join Committees and add the specific committee(s) by clicking the + sign beside the desired committee(s). Be sure to hit the Save button after you have made your selections. Your AA profile page was opened in a new tab, so you can refer back to the AACE Communities tab that is already open. To instantly see the communities that you added, go to My Communities and click "Refresh My Profile.” Next, verify the committee/SIG was added. (TIP: You are now subscribed to receive a daily digest of conversations posted to the discussion group which you may elect to change to real time, or no emails. This allows you to join the conversation at your leisure.)
- Post a message. Got a question? Your colleagues have the answer! Go to Discussion, then Post To This Discussion to send a note to your colleagues in your communities. (TIP: Some companies have very strict firewalls that may interfere with your ability to receive messages. Please be sure to ask your IT department to “white list” aacei.org.)
- Share. Just like the “take a penny, leave a penny” model, if you find something useful on AACE Communities, we hope you will share something of your own! You might even ask colleagues for feedback on your shared resource. To share a document, click Create a Library Entry.
Tour of AACE Communities